Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pascal Bellier Cheverny 2008

I know nothing about this wine. I know scraps and bits and pieces about Cheverny, a Loire Valley appellation, but absolutely nothing about the grower. Apparently this is a blend of 80% Sauvignon Blanc and 20% Chardonnay.

Just thought I'd crack open something a little different.

Silver-lined gold - quite pale and youthful.

The nose is gooseberry grass and oatmeal with hints of passion fruit and grapefruit.

Quite green on the palate, but not in a bad way. Mouth-feel is mealy and gristy, with that oaty texture coming through. It serves to bring out some of the juiciness. Some of the fruit and phenolics seem kind of all over the place. Good minerality though. I think it probably needs food - lemon roast chicken or maybe BBQ'd trout with dill and lime. I don't have either of those right now. Pleasant though.

***
Tasted 16 May 2010 at Luvians Bottleshop

No comments: